To all of our valued customers,
We know caring for a loved one is vitally important at this time. We want to keep your family safe, while still giving caregiving, companionship and daily living assistance. And, we are keenly aware of the challenges of keeping our patients/clients, who are a population with increased risk of severe illness, safe and protected while still providing comfort and care. We are open to serve you, now more than ever, because we know you truly need us as an essential service!
We wanted to take a moment to assure you that we put our customers’, patients’ and employees’ health above all else. We have been watching the recommendations laid out by WHO, the CDC and our industry daily, and are taking many precautions to keep everyone safe. The following policies have now been put in place:
1. We are asking every customer to please advise us if anyone in the household has had a fever, cough, is feeling ill, has been exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 (the virus responsible for Covid-19), or has traveled to any places with higher incidences of the disease. If this applies to you, we ask you please reschedule your services until 14 days after the last exposure or onset of symptoms, or 7 days after the last symptoms, whichever is greater.
2. No employee is allowed to work if they are ill, if anyone in their household is ill, or if they have knowingly been exposed to SARS-CoV-2.
3. Effective immediately, every employee will be required to practice social distancing while working as much as practical, and we are requiring they wear surgical mask and gloves during every patient interaction to lessen the probability of contamination for both our clients and employees. While we are ordering masks almost daily, receiving them is another story. We are happy to say we have an ample supply for now. However, should we run out of masks, we will contact our clients and give them the option of rescheduling. Should they still request services, employees will be required to wear something similar to a face mask, such as a bandana to cover their nose and mouth.
4. Employees will be required to use Alcohol hand sanitizer of 60% strength or above immediately before entering a home. They will also wash their hands in your home for 20 seconds before donning gloves, and will wash for 20 seconds just before leaving your home.
5. We are requesting employees use bleach with every load of laundry whenever possible, and are allowing extra soak time for each load.
6. Our employees are attending numerous in-services to educate them on the facts regards SARS-CoV-2 and Covid-19, the risks involved in providing care for low risk or high probability clients, how to evaluate their risk, how to stay protected, how to clean properly, and their rights, which include their right to work if they feel unsafe.
7. We are asking employees to take a little extra time in their home to frequently clean remote controls, alarm and thermostat pads, switches toilet handles and so on, as well as asking they be sure to do the same in clients’ homes if they have contact with any of the above. Hand sanitizer is still difficult to keep in stock. Therefore, we are asking clients if we can use their sanitizers for these extra items.
8. We are following the CDC guidelines closely and will communicate any changes to our policies as their recommendations change. Here are a few helpful links to FAQs about Covid-19:
- CDC – 15 Days to Slow the Spread of Covid-19
- How to keep a home with a Covid-19 person clean – for homeowners
- How to keep homes with a Covid-19 person clean – for facilities
- WHO World Health Organization Covid-19 Q&A
Also, for added protection in your home, or if you also have a business, now might be a great time to schedule a regular or deep cleaning using cdc recommended guidelines, as an added layer of protection. Our cleaning division is actively protecting business, and are even offering Electrostatic Disinfection as an added layer of protection. Here is a link to our main commercial cleaning services page, as well as our residential cleaning services.
If you have any questions regarding these new policies or anything else regarding our company, please feel free to give us a call. We are a very resilient nation and State. These are truly uncharted times and we’re learning right with you as we navigate COVID–19 together. We are proud of our employees and their dedication, and we will always do what’s best for those employees and our customers.
IRS / CWC